- identify your emotions, i.e., how you are feeling and what you are experiencing those emotions about:
- identifying the reasoning that leads you to feel this way, that is, the premises that you accept that result in your feelings;
- evaluating your premises: false or unreasonable premises or assumptions are the root of many problems: they need to be identified and recognized as faulty:
- find "antidotes" to these false or unreasonable premises, i.e., new, better patterns of reasoning with true, well-supported premises to better enable your happiness and flourishing;
- exercises and activities to develop your willpower and insight, to help internalize your awareness that they are not true, are unproductive, and should be rejected
Zoom sessions are also available.
You will be met with warmth, validation, empathy, encouragement, and a listening ear that seeks to understand. You will also be challenged to evaluate your own beliefs and patterns of reasoning and supported in making positive changes in how you think, feel, and act.
Dr. Nobis usually meets with people in the City of Decatur, GA, but other locations in the Atlanta area can be arranged.
Now, since October 2018, at 215 Church St., Decatur GA 30030. This office is conveniently accessible by MARTA train and bus (.2 mile walk), and there is free private parking available right outside the office.