- identify your emotions, i.e., how you are feeling and what you are experiencing those emotions about:
- identifying the reasoning that leads you to feel this way, that is, the premises that you accept that result in your feelings;
- evaluating your premises: false or unreasonable premises or assumptions are the root of many problems: they need to be identified and recognized as faulty:
- find "antidotes" to these false or unreasonable premises, i.e., new, better patterns of reasoning with true, well-supported premises to better enable your happiness and flourishing;
- exercises and activities to develop your willpower and insight, to help internalize your awareness that they are not true, are unproductive and should be rejected
Skype (or similar) sessions are also available.
You will be met with warmth, validation, empathy, encouragement and a listening ear that seeks to understand. You will also be challenged to evaluate your own beliefs and patterns of reasoning and supported in making positive changes in how you think, feel and act.
Dr. Nobis usually meets with people in the City of Decatur, GA, but other locations in the Atlanta area can be arranged. He also does Skype meetings and phone sessions also.
Keywords: Atlanta, Georgia, philosophy, philosophical, philosopher, counseling, counsel, counselor, therapy, psychotherapy, therapist, "philosophical counseling", philosophical counseling, philosophical therapy, "philosophical counselor", philosophical counselor, philosophical practice, philosophy practice, philosophical therapy, emotion, emotions, emotional, feeling, feelings, reasoning, belief, beliefs, coach, life coach, life coaching, psychology, psychological, relationships, marriage, depression, anxiety, worry, fear, divorce, mediation, meaning, values, values clarification, moral dilemma, moral decisions, moral decision making, ethical dilemma, ethical decisions, ethical decision making, Rational-Emotive Behavior Therapy, REBT, cognitive therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, Rational Emotive Behavior Therapy, Albert Ellis , consult, consultation, ethics, ethical, moral, morality, religion, metaphysics, metaphysical, ethics evaluation, health, mental health